Everything you wanted to know about Plastic Ban in Mumbai !
Now that you know what is banned and what is not, here's some alternatives to help you transition to a no plastic world:
- Containers, plates, cups and trays made of betelleaf, bamboo and wood. These are food grade with no chemicals and binding agents, and can be decomposed into the soil within eight weeks.
- Edible cutlery made of foodgrains are an interesting option.
- Cloth, silk, jute, canvas, muslin, wicker bags can handle up to 3-5 kg weight.
- Steel containers can be used to buy and carry milk and other liquids, and meat
- Paper and compostable garbage bin liners made of potato and corn starch